The College of Ghana College students’ Consultant Council (UG-SRC), underneath the 2021-2022 management in collaboration with International Entrepreneurship Community-Ghana (GEN-Ghana) is delighted to launch the ‘Sponsor A Scholar for UG SRC Talent-UP for Jobs Bootcamp 2022’ fundraising marketing campaign.
The UG-SRC Talent-UP for JobsBootcamp challenge is an experiential coaching and publicity programme that has been designed to coach, encourage, and equip 1000 college students with job creation abilities. It’s meant to be a weekend coaching programme over a one-month period comprising in-person sensible abilities classes that may give attention to sequential employability abilities in chosen disciplines.
The members will likely be coached to use and showcase the acquired talent in micro-projects on the finish of the coaching as a prototype on proof of ideas. Consultants from the business have been poached to mentor the members on their microprojects.
The bootcamp coaching programme will likely be climaxed with a Abilities for Job Summit, the place college students may have the chance to ask questions from business specialists on the talents wanted for rising jobs of the longer term. This can encourage college students to understand abilities coaching first-hand.
The objectives of this student-initiated challenge embrace to:
- Bridge the entrepreneurial abilities hole of scholars
- Reply to the altering employment scenario by encouraging initiative
- Create an enterprise tradition and stimulate entrepreneurial exercise
- Improve the speed at which college students take part in experiential studying
- Present insights and connections for college students to be a part of mentoring networks
- The programme will function sensible masterclass Abilities coaching
- Abilities for Jobs Summit and Expo occasion.
- Affirmative motion for gender and individuals with particular wants will likely be thought-about
4 key sensible abilities coaching clusters that advance the UN agenda 2030 (SDGs) targets have been chosen. These embrace inventive arts, meals enterprise and agribusiness, digital and tech abilities and micro-manufacturing.
“Knowledge from the Institute of Statistics, Social and Financial Analysis (ISSER) of the College of Ghana (UG), has revealed that solely 10 per cent of college graduates discover jobs after commencement. Help the UG SRC 2021-22 to vary the graduate unemployment narrative by serving to us to ‘Talent-Up’ UG college students with income-earning abilities at this time to allow them to be self-employed and earn revenue after graduating from faculty.
We name on people, company organisations, growth companies, public sector establishments and the UG Alumni group to assist to assist this challenge to make a change collectively. Please donate now at https://ugsrcskillupforjobs.com/donate/ or through shortcode *887*17# on all native networks in Ghana,” says Prince Asumadu, President UG-SRC 2021-2022.
The anticipated outcomes embrace:
- Individuals will likely be uncovered to job creation alternatives
- Individuals will create a brand new enterprise & new markets
- 1000 college students will likely be straight educated and outfitted with job abilities
- Contribute to Ghana’s achievements of the UN Sustainable Growth Objectives
- Present college students with life-long abilities and experiences to thrive economically while serving to Ghana to prosper
- Interactions with mentors will affect pupil views on the chances open to them after commencement
- Individuals will respect work and its operate within the financial system
- Individuals will develop work habits and attitudes needed for job success
“UG SRC Talent Up For Jobs is an ideal instance of what academia and the non-public sector can do collectively to take care of the menace of graduate unemployment in Ghana. We encourage people, philanthropists and company Ghana to assist the scholars to accumulate this experiential revenue incomes abilities,” -said Steve Gyasi-Kwaw (Nation Founder GEN Ghana)
The College students’ Consultant Council (SRC) is the umbrella physique of all undergraduate college students on the College of Ghana, Legon. Because the official mouthpiece of the whole pupil physique, the SRC advocates for college students’ pursuits and fosters their welfare. The SRC communicates the pursuits of scholars to authorities and represents the coed populace on the college council and different boards.
Additionally, it coordinates the actions of educational, cultural, non secular, political and leisure golf equipment and societies. The SRC additionally fosters good relations between college students of the College and the skin world by coordinating with different pupil organisations in Ghana and elsewhere in issues of mutual curiosity. In current occasions, the SRC has assumed extra prominently the added position of being a growth associate of the college and Ghanaian society at giant.
International Entrepreneurship Community – Ghana (GEN-Ghana) is an entrepreneurship and innovation development organisation that gives and promotes a platform of native/worldwide programmes and actions geared toward making it simpler for anybody to start out and scale a sustainable enterprise.
We work by fostering deeper cross-border collaboration and initiatives between entrepreneurs, traders, researchers, policymakers and entrepreneurial assist organisations. We work with governments, companies, NGOs, and growth companies to gas more healthy start-and-scale ecosystems that create extra jobs and wealth, educate people, and speed up improvements for sustainable social and financial influence.
GEN-Ghana is an organization restricted by assure underneath the legal guidelines of Ghana, registered in March 2010. We’re a member of the International Entrepreneurship Community, which operates in over 160 nations independently, working to construct one entrepreneurial ecosystem all over the world.