The GRA rolled out the implementation of the Digital Switch Act (“E-levy”) on the first of Could, 2022.
You’ve got most likely realized that there have been no further costs in your transfers on expressPay over the previous few days. We have been capable of bear the E-Levy price for the primary few days of implementation while the GRA and business clarified a number of points for customers. Nonetheless, from in the present day ( Could 11, 2022), you need to see the E-levy utilized in your home cash transfers.
Right here is a few further details about what to anticipate:
- The E-levy applies solely to home cash transfers.
- Paying for items and companies doesn’t appeal to the E-levy. This implies you’ll not see any further E-levy cost for paying for all different companies on expressPay ( e.g. airtime, web / information, DStv, electrical energy, faculty charges, and so forth.).
- You’ve got every day exemptions in your home cash transfers:
a. Sending cash out of your card to a checking account (e.g. utilizing our Financial institution Direct service) qualifies for a GHS 20,000 every day exemption. This implies, you’ll solely be charged the E-levy on quantities you ship above GHS 20,000 a day;
b. Sending cash out of your card or cellular cash pockets, to a different cellular cash pockets qualifies for a GHS 100 every day exemption. Equally, sending cash out of your cellular cash pockets to a checking account additionally qualifies for a GHS 100 every day exemption. This implies you’ll solely be charged the E-levy on quantities you ship above GHS 100 a day;
c. Transfers to your individual accounts (both checking account or cellular cash wallets) are supposed to be exempt. Nonetheless, within the brief time period, you can be charged the E-levy. If this occurs, you possibly can attain out to us to request a refund. You’ll need to ship us proof of possession of the vacation spot account so we are able to request the refund from the GRA in your behalf.
- Utilizing Scan to Pay on the 10,000+ expressPay service provider places is exempt from the E-levy. Equally, paying retailers by way of the expressPay brief code – *246# is exempt from the E-levy. Paying on any expressPay POS terminal can also be exempt from the E-levy.
- Sending cash from overseas on expressPay (e.g. from the UK to a cellular cash account or checking account) just isn’t assessed the E-levy. Remittances are exempt.
- The E-levy when utilized in your home cash transfers, is 1.5% of all cumulative every day transfers past the exemption threshold. For instance, within the case of sending to cellular cash, if an individual sends GHS 40 for the primary time in the course of the day, and later sends one other GHS 60, which sums as much as GHS 100, they won’t be charged. Nonetheless, any cash switch made after that on the identical day can be charged.
Hope you discovered this info helpful. It was extracted from an e mail from expressPay to subscribers.
Credit score: ExpressPay.