The UG-SRC below the 2021-2022 management in collaboration with International Entrepreneurship Community-Ghana (GEN-Ghana) will organise the maiden, UG-SRC Talent-UP for Jobs Bootcamp which is slated for mid-July – August 2022.
The UG-SRC Talent-UP for Jobs Bootcamp mission is an experiential coaching and publicity programme that has been designed to coach, encourage, and equip 1000 college students with job creation expertise. It’s supposed to be a weekend coaching programme over a one-month period comprising in-person sensible expertise periods that can concentrate on sequential employability expertise in chosen disciplines.
The individuals might be coached to use and showcase the acquired ability in micro-projects on the finish of the coaching as a prototype on proof of ideas. Consultants from trade have been poached to mentor the individuals on their microprojects. The bootcamp coaching programme might be climaxed with a Expertise for Job Summit, the place college students could have the chance to ask questions from trade specialists on the talents wanted for rising jobs of the longer term. This can encourage college students to understand expertise coaching at first hand.
The targets of this student-initiated mission embrace to:
- Bridge the entrepreneurial expertise hole of scholars
- Reply to the altering employment state of affairs by encouraging initiative
- Create an enterprise tradition and stimulate entrepreneurial exercise
- Improve the speed at which college students take part in experiential studying
- Present insights and connections for college kids to be a part of mentoring networks
- The programme will function sensible masterclass Expertise coaching
- Expertise for Jobs Summit and Expo occasion.
- Affirmative motion for gender and individuals with particular wants might be thought-about
4 Key Sensible Expertise Coaching Clusters which advance the targets of the UN agenda 2030 (SDGs) have been chosen. These embrace Artistic Arts, Meals Enterprise and Agribusiness, Digital and Tech Expertise and Micro Manufacturing.
“Younger individuals proceed to be the toughest hit by the job disaster. There are a number of and sophisticated causes behind youth unemployability. Younger individuals typically have little or no labour market expertise, and regularly lack related expertise. The problem of high quality and relevance of the ability acquired in formal schooling may be harnessed by the UG-SRC by means of the Talent-UP Bootcamp as an added specialised experiential studying throughout the college students keep on UG campus. Of the 2 routes for the youth to enter employment, the labour-market coaching is being adopted on account of its mass accessibility and value effectiveness than work expertise programmes at workplaces,”says Prince Asumadu, President UG-SRC 2021-2022.
“GEN-Ghana may be very thrilled and delighted to be working with UG SRC 2021-22 management to implement this mission on the College of Ghana. We name on company organisations, growth businesses, public sector establishments and the UG group to assist this mission
The Anticipated Outcomes embrace:
- Contributors might be uncovered to job creation alternatives
- Contributors will create new enterprise & new markets
- 1000 college students might be instantly skilled and geared up with job expertise
- Contribute to the Ghana’s achievements of the UN Sustainable Improvement Objectives
- Present college students with life-long expertise and experiences to thrive economically while serving to Ghana to prosper
- Interactions with mentors will affect pupil views on the probabilities open to them after commencement
- Contributors will respect work and its operate within the financial system
“Contributors will develop work habits and attitudes needed for job success,” says Stephen Gyasi-Kwaw, Nation Founder/ MD (GEN-Ghana)
The College students’ Consultant Council (SRC) is the umbrella physique of all undergraduate college students on the College of Ghana, Legon. The SRC because the official mouthpiece of all the pupil physique advocates for the pursuits of scholars and fosters their welfare as properly. The SRC communicates the pursuits of scholars to authorities and represents the scholar populace on the college council and different boards.
Additionally, it coordinates the actions of educational, cultural, non secular, political and leisure golf equipment and societies. The SRC additionally fosters good relations between college students of the College and the skin world by coordinating with different pupil organisations in Ghana and elsewhere in issues of mutual curiosity. In latest occasions, the SRC has assumed extra prominently the added function of being growth companions of the college and the Ghanaian society at giant.
International Entrepreneurship Community – Ghana (GEN-Ghana) is an entrepreneurship and innovation development organisation that gives and promotes a platform of native, / worldwide programmes and actions geared toward making it simpler for anybody to start out and scale a sustainable enterprise.
We work by fostering deeper cross border collaboration and initiatives between entrepreneurs, buyers, researchers, policymakers and entrepreneurial assist organisations. We work with authorities, firms, NGO’s, growth businesses to gasoline more healthy begin and scale ecosystems that create extra jobs, wealth, educate people, speed up improvements for sustainable social and financial impression.
GEN-Ghana is an organization restricted by assure below the legal guidelines of Ghana, registered in March 2010. We’re a member of International Entrepreneurship Community which operates in over 160 international locations independently, working to construct one entrepreneurial ecosystem around the globe.